Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Essie Cocktail Bling - Winter 2011 Collection

Cocktail Bling, Brooch the Subject, Bangle Jangle, School of Hard Rocks, Size Matters, Bobbing for Baubles

I've got my first holiday polish set!

Essie's Cocktail Bling collection is a set of glossy cremes that sort of defies the traditional holiday rules. There is a red and a green and even a blue, but not what you see every year. The traditional poinsettia red, holly green, silver and gold are nowhere to be found with Cocktail Bling. Instead, you get a slightly softer and more sophisticated pallette, which makes the collection more wearable the rest of the year, and which I happen to like. As fun as it is to play with glitz and glimmer, I've always been partial to pure shine, which Essie always delivers.
Cocktail Bling, Brooch the Subject, Bangle Jangle, School of Hard Rocks, Size Matters, Bobbing for Baubles
Cocktail Bling, Brooch the Subject, Bangle Jangle, School of Hard Rocks, Size Matters, Bobbing for Baubles
Cocktail Bling is a soft blue, Brooch the Subject is kind of a pale camel or nude, Bangle Jangle is a pale lavender, School of Hard Rocks is a murky teal green (maybe dark seafoam?), Size Matters is a fantastick cranberry red and Bobbing for Baubles is a beautiful navy blue.

I ordered the cube with all full size bottles, and I will say the packaging is really cute. I've always gotten individual bottles, so this is the first time I've seen the cube.
 
What I like so far:
  • Essie maintains tradition, but without the obvious answer.
  • The colors can be worn after Christmas.
  • If you're not into solid colors, these could look great with some stamping or decals. Very pretty canvases.
I can't say there's anything I don't like right now. I haven't worn or swatched these yet, so you'll get a full review soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment