Monday, February 27, 2012

Zoya Sparkle Gloss Top Coat vs. Essie Pure Pearlfection

 Good day! I have a very sparkly comparison post for you today. Along with my Bibhu Mohapatra Color Box from Zoya was included the lovely Sparkle Gloss Top Coat you see below.
Pure Pearlfection & Sparkle Gloss Top Coat
 My first thought was "This has been done, but a nice freebie." I also thought it looked a lot about Pure Pearlfection from Essie's Luxe Effects collection. And so the comparison began...
Zoya Sparkle Gloss Top Coat over Zoya Evvie, Pure Pearlfection over Evvie and Evvie by herself.
 While the shimmer particles in both polishes are nearly identical, the density of the particles is another story. Pure Pearlfection is a lot more opaque and adds a different effect to the color. I layered one coat of each polish over Zoya Evvie, which is a nice green cream. The Sparkle Gloss Top Coat doesn't alter the base color at all, just adds some additional sparkle, which is really cool. I like that the shimmer particles are very small, too. There's no real texture added, so a layer of clear top coat is all you need. Pure Pearlfection applies very evenly, as well.
Zoya Sparkle Gloss Top Coat over Zoya Evvie, Pure Pearlfection over Evvie and Evvie by herself.
Evvie, Pure Pearlfection over Evvie and Sparkle Gloss Top Coat over Evvie
 I think these last two shots show the difference in opacity really well, even if they're not very well-focused. The bottles in the last shot show the similarity in color better than the first shot, too.

I REALLY hope Zoya decides to keep this top coat around. It's really pretty, and I can see myself using it a lot. The good news is, though, if you missed the NY Fashion Week Limited Edition collections, you could probably mix Pure Pearlfection with some clear top coat and get a similar effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment