Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Going Downtown: China Glaze Metro Collection Continued

Uptown Collection: CG in the City, Urban Night, Traffic Jam, City Siren, Brownstone, Street Chic
Downtown Collection: Skyscraper, Concrete Catwalk, Westside Warrior, Trendsetter, Loft-y Ambitions, Midtown Magic
Yesterday's post covered the Uptown portion of the China Glaze Metro collection. Today, we'll look at the Downtown half of the collection. This one is a bit more interesting and unique than the first half.

This portion of the collection is also a bit more fall-like. The colors are more muted and a little more earthy. Formulas are just as fantastic as the Uptown half, brushes are fine. A couple of mine were slightly uneven (which partially explains my messy cuticles in a few of these pictures), which is odd for China Glaze. I'm hoping it was just a fluke.
Skyscraper
Look how shiny! From the pictures I'd seen on other blogs, I expected this one to be a little more of a royal blue. I was pleasantly surprised to find out the base was a bit darker than I thought, and the finished product turns out to be a lovely sapphire blue...which happens to be my favorite color (not counting black). The pictures don't do it justice, but this shot is three coats with a top coat, and it glitters in sunlight.
Concrete Catwalk
I LOVE this gray. It's your standard China Glaze awesome creme finish, and gray, which shouldn't be interesting. I like that Concrete Catwalk is darker than most of the grays I've seen recently, and the fact that it's exactly the color of wet cement makes it a bit edgier than the rest. You could have some fun with adding a glitter if the creme isn't your thing.
Westside Warrior
I like Westside Warrior more than I thought I would. It's not the most flattering of the greens this season on my skin, but I can pull it off, especially with the right outfit. If you have a warmer skin tone, this one is for you. This picture is pretty accurate as far as the color is concerned, and it's got a great glossy finish.
Trendsetter
Trendsetter is a great polish that's about the color of Dijon mustard with little flecks of gold shimmer. It goes on like a creme, finishes like a creme, but there's this great shimmer showing through. This color looks terrible on me, but if you've got a warmer tone, you really should get this polish. I'm a little disappointed they didn't use this effect with the berry or red finishes so I could enjoy it a little more.
Loft-y Ambitions, Sunlight

Loft-y Ambitions, Indoor - Natural Light
Loft-y Ambitions really surprised me. The promo pictures made me see brick red. The bottle looks like there's a bit of a shimmer. When you put on the first coat, it's a little streaky and this cranberry red comes out of nowhere. The second coat gives you a nice, opaque finish, and the color all depends on the lighting.
Midtown Magic, Sunlight

Midtown Magic, With Flash

Midtown Magic, Indoor - Direct Sunlight
Wow. That's all that comes to mind with Midtown Magic. This is another one that looks so much duller in the pictures and even in the bottle. The base is a chocolate brown with little bits of red, orange, gold and even green shimmer disguised inside. This polish glows. Literally glows in any form of direct light. Gorgeous.

All in all, really happy with Downtown, and the whole Metro collection. I am already envisioning some great looks with existing polishes from my collection...

No comments:

Post a Comment