Sunday, August 7, 2011

Nicole by OPI and the Magic Perfect Stroke Brush

Day two of my drugstore shopping spree brings us the goodies from Nicole by OPI.

Polish number one is Let's Get It Star-Ted. Ever since Nicole released the glitter polishes with big hearts in it, I've been waiting for stars. Hearts are fun, but candy pink hearts don't read grown-up, unless it's Valentine's Day. Stars, on the other hand, can be a little edgy if paired with the right colors.

Let's Get It Star-Ted is pictured above with just a plain base coat and top coat (as you can see by the slight yellowing on my nails...). This one is a little tricky to apply. The base is clear with little flecks of glitter, which goes on really easily. The tricky part are the stars. You kind of have to fish them out of the bottle, and they don't always want to come off the brush. I expected this one to be a little difficult, and the stars are fun, so I'm really not disappointed with the purchase.
Next up is Sea How Far You Go. This may be the first gold I actually like on me. There's a cloudy pewter/gray mixed in that keeps it from being too yellow for a lot of wearers. The formula went on smoothly, and was opaque in two coats. The fact that it was also in the random clearance basket at Target for $4 makes it my bargain for the week.
The last of my Nicole by OPI purchases was Iceburg Lotus. I looked at the nail polish display, and this one just jumped out at me. Formula was about the same as Sea How Far You Go for smoothness, though this one was a little thin and took three coats to cover my nails. Iceburg Lotus is a great teal with a pretty purple/blue shimmer. It makes me think of mermaids a little, and I'm really excited about this one.

One other thing I'd like to mention about these Nicole by OPI polishes is the brush. Sea How Far You Go and Iceburg Lotus, as well as a few shades already in my collection have little stickers calling attention to the new perfect stroke brush. Kids, they are not making this up. I have pretty steady hands and can get a good finish from most polishes. This brush makes it super easy for most anyone to get a great finish and is tapered to help keep the cuticles clean during application. I haven't gotten any of the creme shades yet, but the shimmers and glitters go on flawlessly. I even TRIED to mess the finish up, and after pushing down too hard, all I got was polish on my cuticles. The picture below is right after application, no clean up and no photo editing.
Nearly flawless. If you have trouble with application or are new at doing your own nails, this is an excellent way to get started. If you're like me and usually in a hurry, these are great time savers, since you don't have to worry about clean up, and the drying time is great. I'll make sure to update once I get a newer creme in my collection and let you know if the brush holds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment